Tuesday, August 17, 2010

practicing my happy dance

So I have jury duty coming up. I was totally excited about it (sorta being paid to totally not be at work? um, yes!)...till I found out the dates. Turns out I have jury duty on the same day that Redneck is being sentenced (yeah...I picked a winner). When I went to the court house to ask if this was a conflict of interest the woman's over-tweezed eyebrows almost shot off her forehead and she asked if I was serious. I considered telling her that no, I was just bored today and this seemed like a good way to spend my time, but decided that a simple 'yes' might be a smidge more professional. She told me that on my first day to let the people know and they would decide if I should be there or not. Personally, I do not think I should be in the same building as Redneck....I'm typically a semi-rational, calm-ish person (or at least I like to think so), but I might just burst out into song and dance if I see them leading him off in handcuffs...not that I've been practicing the song, just the dance.

Anywho (does anyone say that anymore??), I made the panko-walnut crusted chicken tonight....good concept, bad recipe. It called for the chicken to be baked....turned out terribly dry. Good flavor, but dry. I think I will go the pan-fried route next time. I am, however, now a huge fan of panko. How did I not know of its existence?? Oh well, I have found it now and am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment